Currently at this time, we are not accepting applications for this position.
Staging Solutions provides creative, strategic, and production services – as well as exceptional brand experiences – to audiences of all sizes, in countries around the world, for all kinds of budgets. Staging Solutions is a home for experts who understand how to do things quickly and well, in ways that are surprising and delightful to our clients. We use our tried and true practices to blaze new trails and challenge ourselves to solve problems in increasingly creative ways. Whether our client is corporate, individual, not-for-profit, or Fortune 100, our goal is an exceptional experience, from concept to completion.
Carpenters are involved in the fabrication of creative set pieces that vary from project to project. Skills as an experienced Production Carpentry / Display Builder will be challenged in a deadline-driven, constantly adapting environment that is defined by high quality standards and unique projects. Show carpenters assist with the prep, execution and de prep of showcase pieces designed by our in-house Creative Directors.
Carpenter Job Duties
- Cooperation and coordination with Creative Directors, Technical Directors, Warehouse Manager, and other internal staff
- Complete highly detailed work according to established deadlines
- Complete work as directed within project budget guidelines and following accepted industry standards
- Oversight of onsite operations including receiving, storage, organization of assets, and quality control
- Management/forecasting of labor/staffing, as directed by scenic leadership
- Management of timelines, deadlines, and workloads
- Maintain a safe work environment and identify any potential hazards that may arise
Carpenter Skills and Qualifications:
- Background in Finish Carpentry, Cabinetry, Production Carpentry, exhibits, or trade show industry
- Ability to operate industrial machinery
- Proficiency in operating all shop equipment in accordance with accepted practices: table saws, panel saws, routers, laminating
- Ability to read and understand drawings, blueprints, and diagrams
- Basic knowledge of math and measurements
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and complete jobs with demanding deadlines
- Ability to work independently, remain highly motivated, and maintain a high level of initiative
- Capacity to work with a team to achieve overall project goals and objectives
- High energy level required with the ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to drive and operate heavy machinery such as forklift, box trucks, trailers
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. without assistance