Sales Manager @ GRB
Location: Houston, Texas
Staging Solutions provides creative, strategic, and production services – as well as exceptional brand experiences – to audiences of all sizes, in countries around the world, for all kinds of budgets. Staging Solutions is a home for experts who understand how to do things quickly and well, in ways that are surprising and delightful to our clients. We use our tried and true practices to blaze new trails and challenge ourselves to solve problems in increasingly creative ways. Whether our client is corporate, individual, not-for-profit, or Fortune 100, our goal is an exceptional experience, from concept to completion.
As Sales Manager, you cultivate outbound and inbound sales for the Staging Solutions team within the George R. Brown Convention Center (GRBCC). Driven to seek out new clients and development of recurring projects. Responsible for partnering with and maintaining relationships with a wide variety of corporations, associations, and individuals to ensure that all of their production needs are met within the GRB. The backbone of the sales team and continue to seek out aggressive personal and sales team goals.
George R Brown Convention Center is one of ten city owned and operated properties within the city of Houston. Houston First Corporation (HFC) is the official destination marketing organization which promotes the region as a destination for tourism and convention business.
Sales Manager Job Duties:
- Work with different client groups to understand and develop the scope of work for their creative and production needs
- Communicate the needs of the events to the operations team to help execute a flawless event
- Quote generation to help specify the best equipment and solutions for the job
- Involved in all aspects of event production from beginning to end.
- Serves as the primary advocate for the client while also managing event deliverables and execution with their internal partners
- Solicitation, acquisition, and growth of new accounts of existing accounts.
- Manage the small to mid level tier of incoming projects
- Cultivation and preservation of strong client relationships.
- Participation in site visits, client visits, and account management.
- Execution of project documentation including filing, sales reports, action plans, and invoicing project summaries.
- Working in conjunction with the admin team to secure proper Certificate of Insurance, diagrams, and scope of work documentation.
- Development and implementation of the sales plan to meet predetermined goals.
- Stewardship of processes and procedures, including negotiating prices, providing written confirmation of reservations, and securing all “decision-maker” signatures on license agreements from both customers and management.
- Attendance at weekly sales meetings.
- Familiar with the use and implementation of CRM tools (SharpSpring).
- Developing and implementing specific measurable guidelines
- Ensures guest satisfaction by providing complete and courteous service at all times
- Balance multiple clients at once
Sales Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- A proven sales leader
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- Over three years’ experience in facility/convention/hospitality/AV sales is desirable and a history of successful professional sales is preferred
- Highly professional, confident presence, along with persuasive communication skills
- Very competitive in nature, complemented by an ingenious thought process and a passion for major challenges
- Imaginative, engaging presenter and relationship-developer
- Innate curiosity about the trends and possibilities in event marketing
- Inherently positive, approachable with the ability to mesh with varying personalities and styles of work
- Able to work with recurring projects that remain in similar scope year over year
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365, Google Docs, and LinkedIn Maximize revenue and adhere to event profit guidelines