Business Administration Manager @ GRB
Location: Houston, Texas
Staging Solutions provides creative, strategic, and production services – as well as exceptional brand experiences – to audiences of all sizes, in countries around the world, for all kinds of budgets. Staging Solutions is a home for experts who understand how to do things quickly and well, in ways that are surprising and delightful to our clients. We use our tried and true practices to blaze new trails and challenge ourselves to solve problems in increasingly creative ways. Whether our client is corporate, individual, not-for-profit, or Fortune 100, our goal is an exceptional experience, from concept to completion.
As Business Administration Manager, you are coordinating all office items for the day to day of the Staging Solutions team within the George R. Brown Convention Center. A self starter as an operational lynchpin in our business, you have a massive impact and a lot of room to grow. You’ll manage our offices’ daily operations, support employee benefit programs, manage external contractors/vendors, and organize company meetings and events. This is a great position at a growing company where you’ll get to wear lots of hats, interact with teammates from all aspects of the business, and be given responsibility quickly.
George R Brown Convention Center is one of ten city owned and operated properties within the city of Houston. Houston First Corporation (HFC) is the official destination marketing organization which promotes the region as a destination for tourism and convention business.
Business Administration Manager Job Duties:
- Be the first person to greet visitors at reception and provide hospitality
- Serve as the main point of contact for general office needs of employees
- Maintain a clean, organized, functional and comfortable office space
- Process all mail and deliveries, phone calls and transfers them as necessary
- Oversee filing, supply acquisition, office technology, and other clerical functions.
- Processing and management within QuickBooks
- Manage external contractors/vendors communication, documentation, and compliance
- Effectively communicate about company benefits programs to employees
- Coordinate with benefits consultant to support employee needs
- Assist the payroll manager with onboarding new employees and ensure compliance
- Assist in planning and arranging company events and meetings, including catering
- Manage the business expense accounts
- Manage and review financial reports, profit and loss, and commission statements
- Coordinate with IT support on all office equipment
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
Business Administration Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to work on multiple projects at a time, and a good sense of how to prioritize.
- Self-motivated and trustworthy
- Well respected for your attention to detail, efficiency, and productivity.
- Obsessed with service and naturally driven to excellence.
- Deeply trusted by employees and leaders at all levels for your discretion and judgment.
- Strongly biased toward action and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Unflappable and kind when interacting with others.
- Always ready to “roll up your sleeves” with a smile to get things done.
- Rigorous, diligent, and accurate when working with numbers and data.
- Energized by finding opportunities to improve processes
- A clear and concise communicator, with a bias toward solutions.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, G Suite